If you haven’t figured it out by now “our” President is a “big idea”, “big picture” kind of a guy. Details? He leaves the details to the minions that work for and below him. He can’t be bothered with the details, he is a big thinker and big thinkers have little thinkers to figure out how to make the big thinkers ideas a reality. What was one of his grandest, most over the top campaign promises? The “magnificent” wall on the Mexican border. Who is going to pay for it? Why Mexico of course, but maybe we are going to pay for it and Mexico will pay us back, or maybe we will pay for it. Never the less, he still talks about it because, well he is Donald Trump. “I will build a great wall . . . and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me.”
Remember ObamaCare? Bad, horrible ObamaCare. We are going to repeal and replace ObamaCare. Replace it with what? Come on, does Donald Trump have to think of everything? Replace it with something better, greater and call it TrumpCare because the Trump signature is synonymous with the best of everything. Get busy Congress, get busy Senators, I gave you the “big idea” do I have to do all the work?
Now we get our first taste of Trumps newest “big idea” tax reform and once again it is an idea big on superlatives but short on details or a real plan. Trump loves using hyperbolic words like “biggest ever”, “greatest”, “the best”. Honestly I think he truly believes if he says them loud enough and often enough that people will confuse his words for actions. I haven’t fallen for that one but there sure seem to be a lot of people who have.
Most normal, sane people don’t know everything about everything. Apparently we have that one once in a lifetime, rare individuals as President who actually does know everything about everything, a true renaissance man. Or maybe he is just a sexual intellectual, you know a “F*cking know-it-all”. Either way, how did we get so lucky? How did we get so freaking lucky?
Yes, “our” President loves to hear himself talk. You know what I would love from “our” President, less talk, less tweeting, less insulting, less boasting, less golf, more humility, and more work. I won’t hold my breath.
Donald Trump’s Eight Best Lines
1. “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”
2. “I’m really rich! I’ll show you that in a second. And by the way: I’m not even saying that in a brag.”
3. “I’m the most militaristic person.”
4. “I will build a great wall . . . and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me.”
5. “Hillary Clinton was the worst secretary of state in the history of the United States. Hillary was the worst. In the history of the United States there’s never been a secretary of state so bad as Hillary.”
6. “I would use the greatest minds. I know the best negotiators. I’m in New York — I know the good ones, the bad ones. I always say: ‘I know the ones people think are good.’ I know people you’ve never heard of that are better than all of them.”
7. “If you really love this country you have a very, very hard time convincing people that what you’re doing is right and that you’re really smart. And, like, a lot of us are really smart. I’m really smart — I went to the Wharton School of Finance.”
8. “I would hit [ISIS] so hard your head would spin.”