This morning “our” President re-tweeted these three headlines to his 43.6 followers from Jayda Fransen;
- Islamist mob pushes teenage boy off roof and beats him to death!
- Muslim Destroys a Statue of Virgin Mary!
- Muslim migrant beats up Dutch boy on crutches!
Now here is the thing, Jayda Fransen is a British, Christian bully who walks around Muslim neighborhoods in London carrying a large Christian cross. She attempts to draw Muslims into verbal battles or provoke aggressive behavior so she can post the video on her organizations, Britain First, webpage. Britain First operates under the “Christian” guise that “The rapid growth of militant Islam is leading to the suppression of women, freedom of speech and racist attacks” in Europe, and specifically Great Britain. Sound familiar?
The problem with these sensational headlines is there is no context. Sure there is a video, a video of brown people who may or may not be Muslim but the issue is simply this, what is the point “our” President is trying to get across by posting videos from an irrational, Islamophobic, nut job from Great Britain? Want to guess? How about that he is a simple-minded, thin-skinned man without a plan or a clue who loves to whip his 35% deplorable base into a blood thirsty feeding frenzy. Why? Because that ladies and gentlemen is all he’s got.
pinion writer for The Washington Post wrote yesterday that “The Trump administration’s approach to governance is that of a bratty toddler confronting a neat stack of blocks: Knock it down and scatter the pieces.” He continues; “This is not the systematic move toward small government that conservatives have long sought. It’s a lurch toward bad government, inadequate government, incompetent government. In some cases, it’s driven by spite; in others, by sheer cluelessness. Ultimately, we will all pay a price for Trump’s nihilism.”
Nihilism is a great word to describe the actions or inaction’s of “our” President.
Nihilism is defined as;
In short chaos and Trump is the master of chaos simply for the sake of creating it for his own moronic, juvenile pleasure and amusement, because that is what leadership looks like to him.
Richard Cohen, writing for RealClear Politics sums up the one year old (no pun intended) “Trump” age best for me; “Trump has made us a meaner, smaller people. He tweets the language of the school yard. It is full of resentment and bravado. He asks nothing of us. Instead, he validates meanness, opportunism and prejudice.”
There is no way the rest of us can save or salvage Trump’s 35% base. We can only hope they die peacefully of old age in Florida and that their reproduction rate is stunted and their arteries clog over the next 10 years by their visits to the endless buffet at Golden Corral. For the rest of us, the 65%, the job of rebuilding this country will fall on our shoulders. It will be a monumental task to erase the “meanness, opportunism and prejudice” Trump has left us with but I am confident we can and we will.
Trump fancies himself a leader, a President worthy of Mount Rushmore but as Cohen notes “Donald Trump, a mess of a man but brimming with self-regard, probably already sees himself up there with Washington, Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt and Lincoln. It won’t happen. Instead, he’d be lucky if he can get his face on a mug in the gift shop” and that is all the legacy he deserves, the legacy of a Trump coffee mug.