“Trudeau came to see me. He’s a good guy, Justin. He said, ‘No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,’ Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in – ‘Donald, we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed.… So, he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know…. I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. … And I thought they were smart. I said, ‘You’re wrong, Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case, I feel differently,’ I said, ‘but I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check, because I can’t believe it.’” – Donald Trump
These are comments Trump made last night at a fundraiser about his meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, in which the two leaders discussed which country had a trade deficit with the other. Trump bragged that he made the comments without having a clue as to whether or not they were true. Think about for a minute. The President of the United States is meeting with the Prime Minister of not only one of our closest allies but one we share a 4,000 mile border with. Don’t you think he would have prepared just a little bit for such an important meeting?
Trump’s aide returned later and assured Trump that he was correct about the trade imbalance. The truth is, according to Trumps own administration data is that we don’t have trade deficit with Canada, we actually have a trade surplus. And this is the guy we are sending to negotiate with Kim Jong-un?
Trump’s appeal to the Deplorable nation boils down to this one simple point, he says whatever he wants and they find that refreshing. It doesn’t matter what he says is a lie, or bullshit, Trump doesn’t care and apparently neither do his supporters. Facts? Come-on, who has time for facts. Facts require reading, studying, and talking with people who think they know more than Trump does on a particular subject like our trade relationship with Canada. Facts get in the way of the real story that I, Donald Trump, am the only one that can Make America Great Again and I will do it all by myself. Given how many staff departures he has churned through in fourteen months and how many slots he has yet to fill he could in fact be all by himself very soon.
There isn’t any doubt in my mind that Donald Trump will go down in America history as the most ignorant, ill-prepared, and corrupt President this nation has ever experienced. He can continue to take credit for jobs, tax-cuts and the stock market, well he has quit taking credit for the stock market but the reality is this, none of his policies or leadership had any hand in the improvements we have seen in the economy over the last year. Trump is simply the chimpanzee in a $2,000 suit that can take credit for it.
And look who was up early this morning watching Fox & Friends? “We do have a Trade Deficit with Canada, as we do with almost all countries (some of them massive). P.M. Justin Trudeau of Canada, a very good guy, doesn’t like saying that Canada has a Surplus vs. the U.S. (negotiating), but they do…they almost all do…and that’s how I know!” What a buffoon.
As an aside, with all of Trump’s firings and maneuverings we all need to get ourselves prepared for the inevitable, the removal of special counsel Robert Mueller. Greg Olear, founding editor of The Weeklings, has formulated a plan of how he thinks this will all play out;
- Trump can’t fire Mueller directly. He has to first fire Sessions and replace him with a willing accomplice to the obstruction-of-justice crime.
- Pruitt is the name we’re hearing. And that guy thinks he’s doing God’s will by raping the earth…seriously, future generations will wonder why he didn’t drop him into an active volcano for crimes against the planet…so what’s the big deal to axe Mr. Magoo?
- The minute Sessions is fired, Mueller’s contingency plan goes into effect. He’s known since literally Day One that Trump wanted to fire him. One of the obstruction charges is ABOUT Trump wanting to fire him. Do you really think Bobby Three Sticks isn’t ready?
- Mueller will have time. Because it presumably takes SOME time between Sessions being fired and Pruitt stepping in and then firing him. In that little window, all hell will break loose. Fire and fury will be more than the title of a lurid but ultimately dull book.
- There will be indictments ready to roll out, en masse. There will be news stories ready to leak, one a day or more, every day. Maybe we’ll even hear audio of Trump colluding.
- Meanwhile the mass demonstrations will be epic. It will be the opposite of Trump’s inauguration crowd size. So many people in the streets.
- Congress maybe, just maybe, will be forced to act by the popular protest, and protect Mueller and re-instate him. They have time to do it.
- Meanwhile, the indictments don’t just vanish even IF Mueller is gone. Trump thinks this is what will happen, and he’s a fucking idiot, and he’s wrong.
- Bottom line: firing Sessions to fire Mueller is Trump pulling the pin out of the very large grenade he’s holding in his very small hands. It will only accelerate his demise. BOOM.
Boom indeed. Things could get very Stormy in America and the first thing that will suffer, the economy. Trump will not magnanimously walk away to save the republic. His ego simply wouldn’t allow that. 61% of us know what is most important to him and it has nothing to do with making America great again.