I have been looking at this picture all morning, a crowd shot of Trump’s rally last night in Sunrise, Florida. I don’t know much about Sunrise, FL so I did a little digging. Sunrise has a population of 95,458 people. The racial composition is 55.69% white and 35.69% black. The median age is 38.2 years and the median household income is $53,237.
The media reported that the arena the rally was held in can hold more than 20,000 people and it was filled to capacity. For the sake of argument let’s say there were 21,000 people at the rally last night. Based on the racial composition percentages for Sunrise that would mean if Trump was truly the President for all Americans there should have been about 7,500 black people attending. Look at that picture. Do you see any black faces?
Now I know there were a few blacks attending the rally last night. As Trump, Inc. has done in the past a few, more than one less than five, “black faces” are always sprinkled behind the podium for the cameras to pick-up. I certainly don’t want to infer that blacks, as a political demographic, don’t, can’t or won’t support Trump. I am sure there are some that do. That would be like me assuming all Reform Jews don’t support Trump. But back to the picture I have been staring at it all morning, I keep asking myself the same question, what does Trump really mean to these people?
If you are playing along at home I am sure you have read how disjointed, insane, demented and detached from realty Trump was last night. Nothing new there. It appears all the rallies are basically the same, Trump riffing through his greatest hits; how he beat everyone in 2016, Obama, the Clinton’s, Deep State, the impeachment hoax, Fake News, the do nothing Democrats, protecting guns, his “big beautiful wall”, keeping brown people out, etc., etc.
The new one last night was that the radical left wants to change the name of “Thanksgiving”. As you can imagine that fired all of the white people up. Trump didn’t tell us what we want to call it. That really wasn’t the point. Trumps point was that he, the chosen one, was going to save Thanksgiving just like he saved Christmas.
So what can I now safely assume about all those white people that still support Trump?
- They have never read the Constitution, and they never will. They don’t give a shit about democracy or our government.
- They don’t want to be governed that want to be ruled over by a dictator, a self-proclaimed monarch.
- Like there leader, they have no moral authority or compass and are truly “Christians” in name only.
- They are racist, even if they don’t believe it, realize it or are willing to admit it.
- They get all of their information, thoughts, and talking points from Fox News and believe everything they hear from Trump no matter how ludicrous it is.
- They aren’t patriots they are just part of a tribe.
- They don’t love our military or our veterans as much as they claim they do.
- They don’t love America or American ideals.
Who are these people? Nobody new, they have been with us for 200 plus years. They are our brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles. They are people we will pass the mash potatoes too on Thursday. They will change the oil in our car on Friday. They will ring up our groceries on Saturday. And they will sit next to us at church on Sunday.
I am having a hard time giving thanks for them right now so I guess I will pray for this, I hope some of them will wake-up, soon. Their growth as human beings has been stunted by a man and a movement that has nothing to do with Judeo-Christian or American values, values I believe in, values I have raised my children to believe in.