Several years ago I read an article written by the editor of a magazine about his wife who had recently died of cancer. Included was a picture of her standing next to a crude homemade sign that read “Be Wonder Full”. Her husband wrote a moving tribute, acknowledging this women’s courageous battle with a disease she refused to let define her. Through it all, he wrote, she remained positive, enjoying the time she had left with the people she loved and experiencing and accepting all the wonders the world had to offer.
What fills me with wonder?
- Looking into the eyes of the three women I love.
- My mom’s heart.
- Bumblebees, tadpoles and earthworms.
- Listening to Gregg Allman sing “Melissa”
- My dogs, why do they love me so much?
- The colors and imagination of Vincent Van Gogh.
- Cows and goats grazing in a lush green pasture.
- A storms approach and the calm that follows.
- That I am here, wherever here is.
What fills you with wonder?
“Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.” – Walt Whitman